What is homecare?
Homecare is a non-medical care provided to help customers to be more independent and dignified through assistance with activities of daily living, medication management, light housekeeping, and more.
Who is eligible for homecare?
In general, homecare is offered for seniors or older. However, it is also available for individuals who have an injury, chronic disease, and disability who want to live more independently at home.
Where do you provide services?
We at Bell Companions Home Care LLC deliver our care services wherever you reside whether in a nursing home, an assisted living facility, or in the comfort of your own home.
Will I have a choice of who comes to my home?
Yes, we help you determine whom you prefer to serve you by matching you to a caregiver with the characteristics that you are looking for.
How do you prepare your homecare providers?
We offer basic to intensive training for our caregivers to ensure that they have the qualifications required of them. We at Bell Companions Home Care LLC also have a training institution called B.E.L.L. Academy for healthcare professionals and other individuals who want to provide better care for clients.
How do you choose your caregivers?
- In-depth interview to determine skills and experience
- Criminal background check
- License/certificate verification in accordance with state law and requirements
- Continual license status monitoring throughout employee tenure
- Reference checks via phone or mail
- State health screenings as required by law
- Tuberculosis vaccination
- Bloodborne pathogens training as stated by OSHA
- Current CPR certification
- Drug Screening
- Once screened and approved for hire, each Bell Companions Home Care employee undergoes:
- Competency verification
- In-office orientation prior to placement
- Employee performance reviews within the first 90 days and then twice per year after that
Are you bonded and insured?
Yes, we are bonded and insured. Thus, you can ensure that you and your loved ones are safe from liability lawsuits or any other potential loss. At Bell Companions Home Care LLC, all our caregivers are considered as company employees covered by professional and general liability insurance.